Liana Grünewald – Travelling Physiotherapist
Physiotherapy at your home.
Are you or someone you care for recovering from an accident and unable to travel easily. Maybe it’s your elderly parents who feel more comfortable at home than being driven off to therapy rooms. Getting to your local physio is often difficult for those who truly need it so Liana brings your treatment to you.
Liana qualified as a Physiotherapist in 1993 at the University of Pretoria. She has worked in a wide variety of settings including hospital, private practice, sub acute (step-down), frail care at old age homes, nursery schools and home visits. Liana has been self employed since 2006 focusing on home visits for rehabilitation of various conditions. Liana speaks English and Afrikaans fluently.
Senior Care Coordination program (SCCP)
Liana is one of the physios that is contracted in to Discovery Health’s Senior Care Coordination program (SCCP) . Contact her if you are on the program and require a home visit.
Liana believes in quality time with her patients and spends
on average 45 minutes per treatment.
Quality care in the comfort of your home
Why Physiotherapy at home?
A travelling physiotherapist allows patients to get the benefit of the best possible care and rehab in their home.
- No transport or unable to drive a car
- Wheelchair bound or bedridden patients
- Too old or frail to travel
- Prefer the comfort of their own home environment
Benefits of Physiotherapy?
- Restores mobility and independence
- Improves quality of life
- Relieves pain
- Proper rehabilitation insures a better long term outcome
Physio for these conditions
I am a generalist and offer professional care for a variety of conditions
- Post surgery (e.g. hip replacements, knee replacements, spinal surgery, shoulder surgery, multiple trauma)
- Neck and back conditions (e.g. whiplash)
- Brain injuries
- Chests (e.g. pneumonia)
- Hand injuries
- Muscular and tendon injuries (e.g. plantar fasciitis, rotator cuff injuries)
- Developmentally delayed babies
- Geriatric conditions (e.g. weakness and general immobility of the elderly)
I have a hands on approach and prefer using these techniques:
- Massage and trigger point release
- Mobilizing of joints
- Muscle stretching
- Dry needling
- Ultra sound
- Education of care givers/family members
HOME VISITS AVAILABLE IN THESE AREASalso suburbs surrounding the listed ones
- Montgomery Park
- Weltevreden Park
- Randpark Ridge
Cell: 082 337 4955 (between 8:00 and 17:00 on weekdays)
- Medical aid rates (I submit directly to medical aid subject to availability of funds and individual fund rules regarding payment of Physiotherapy at home)
- Private rates: R600 (first visit) and R500 (follow up visits)
Payable in cash or EFT